Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday not as morose as you would be led to believe by my music


Elliott Smith
Between the Bars

I've had a personal comment that my music is kind of morose and sad. Whatever. Elliott Smith in the morning is a good thing. I sit in my blue and silver nook with coffee and thoughts. I'm attempting to become a morning person again. People you've been before that you don't want around anymore. . .

Been going through my notes and there are some poems that have been waiting to be born. Cavemen poems, forthcoming. No, not "men are cavemen" but a little bit of evolutionary psychology about throw-back reactions that we, as mostly-evolved humans, have. Our old myth-creating tendencies. And here we are, millennia later, still telling ourselves stories to explain the world.

No comments: