Thursday, September 11, 2008

bad neck! good women, ahoy!

I went for acupuncture last night and one of my vertebrae is seriously out of wack. :( I slept with a heating pad on my neck an am going to the chiropractor this morning. This is not the year of my body, all it's little breakdowns and damages.

I love this song. I love this version. I wish Elliott Smith wasn't dead. Also, that the John Lennon wasn't dead.

Jealous Guy
Elliott Smith

I'm going to Utah tomorrow for some time with La Creep. Nuvia will be joining us and it will be a weekend filled with some of my favorite women on the planet. It is so nice to have close girlfriends, I would trust these two with my life. Years ago, many years ago, the three of us were in NYC together. We were young and wild and full of fire. Now La Creep has a baby, Nuvia is a married woman, and my wildness has mostly been deflated. Maybe there will be a revival. But I doubt it. Those all-night-nights of mojitos, shaking it and dangerous strangers are over. Now we're more of the glass of wine and chuckle crowd. At least the laughter never dies. Every year, I am becoming more and more of the last single, childless women I know. But with each year my pile of writing grows, my journals fill, my adventures about. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments: