Friday, September 26, 2008

a little bit sick


So Tired of Being Alone
Al Green

I am sick, a cold is up in my nose and driving me batty. I get cranky when I am sick and now is so exception. But out of the crankiness comes clarity. I have been a long time without being taken care of and that usually unimportant fact comes to the forefront when I'm sneezy and head-snotted. A long, long, long time ago, I had someone who took care of me. But I was young and thought it was normal. I moved on into the wild world of worthlessnes only to realize I should have appreciated it more. Again, this will or not make it into my writing. There is so much more to write about. But I'm sick and want to be snuggled, fed soup and allowed my misery in pleasant, patient company. Or at least I wish I had my cat back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try this cold remedy:

Buy a can of Dole's pineapple juice, an orange, a ripe banana, and whatever fruit that you like.

Mix in a blender with a little ice- the whole orange, the whole banana and fruit to fill 3/4 of the blender, then add enough pineapple juice to cover about half the fruit. Then blend it.

This will trick your body into getting nutrients that it needs, water to ameliorate the effects of the cold (which are dehydration) and a good vitamin boost.

For me, it works much better than chicken soup.

Lizz Huerta said...

thanks! I would have tried it but I have been passed out all day.