Sunday, September 7, 2008

An open letter of parting

Goodbye Vodka. This time it's really over.

It was never really meant to be, was it? From the beginning, we knew. But we tried, didn't we? I've been ignoring you the last couple of years, mostly because of the hostel incident in Madrid with that kid from Liverpool. You and I have had one of those chaotic relationships of coming together in riotous joy and rapture then the violent and often messy morning after. So today I say goodbye forever. I suppose we'll meet again, mostly when you're dressed up as a bloody mary. But even then I'll have to make sure I don't let you have your way with me. It hurts too much. This goodbye is difficult but nearly not as heart-wrenching as my break-up with whiskey was ten months ago.

After a night with you I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror, I feel used and unclean. You destroy my dreams and invite strange things into my life. I just can't handle you. I love your family and will continue to see them, mostly soju and other rice wines. . It will hurt me to see you with other woman but, this too I will bear. I hope you don't do to them what have done to me.

I hope that we can hold on to the memories and know that we learned something together. Even great loves will pass out of our lives. I will always cherish what we had together. But I just can't see you anymore. I don't think we can be friends. Please understand.

love always,
lizz


Last Goodbye
Jeff Buckley

2 comments:

Scotty Buncake said...

Dear Lizz,

Hey, this is Vodka. Come on baby, don't be that way. Maybe things got a little out of hand the other night but that doesn't mean we have to end it. You know what we're like when we spend too much time together, things get a little overwhelming. But you can't blame me for what happened, you wanted it. Am I going to say no when you come on to me like that?

And about those other women... they came on to me too. I can't be expected to just sit back and say no to them. I'm a free spirit... well, if somebody's buying I am.

But know that I never meant to hurt you. I can't say I'm truly sorry for what happened. It's who I am. What can I say, I'm Russian, I tend to be a little more intense than others. But know that if you give me another chance I promise I'll make everything all better. We'll go out for a few drinks and see where things go.

Just give me the opportunity to explain myself and I'll try to be as clear as I can. Things will be fine once you give us another shot.

Belvedere

Lizz Huerta said...

BUNNYCAKE! It was my joke. But that was funny.