Tuesday, September 2, 2008

revelations, not from the scary book

I heard some sad but not surprising news last night about an old friend. Grieving a bit over it, but it is what it is and I had a feeling the friendship had evolved into ugliness. Though I didn't realize to what extent this person was trying to hurt me while being good to me to my face. I at least have the knowledge that I was always on the up and up.

It has been a good year for moving on and figuring out what my priorities are. It has been a good year for selective solitude and contemplation. It has been good, even when it wasn't. I can say that now. I can say a whole lot more than that but it wouldn't be very graceful.

I ran into old friends last night that had passed from my life because of circumstances that had nothing to do with me. Old friends are a good reminder of all sorts of things. Yay!

I had plans to go to my hangout with the phenomenal Miss Bassemah but the Vagabond was closed. I sent a message to the incomparable Mr. Beau that "the Vag is closed" and he wrote me back "not in Alaska." My friends are brilliant human beings.

Things are good. I have a new chaise that is new favorite place to sit and write. I can see the hummingbirds feeding while I write and that is just so damn lovely.


Maligno
Aterciopelados

I love love love Andrea Echeverri, the lead singer of this band. She puts my heart in my hips.

No comments: