Thursday, October 30, 2008

election

I've been dreaming about the election, nightmares really. I think the next five days will be tense. I'm glad Halloween is this weekend, I can dress up and trip through the streets, bar to bar forgetting that the world is about to change in a few days. I'm glad B promised to get me Ray Lamontagne tickets for Saturday night so I can sit and listen to my favorite male singer's velvet gravel voice and disappear into into it. I don't know if I will be able to sleep well after Saturday. Too much is at stake. I will cry either way, one in joy, truly feeling like a part of historic change for once in my life. The other way I will cry will be in defeat and anger on the floor, tearing out my hair. I pray the former tears are what I weep.


Hello Again Hello
Neil Diamond

I watched most of The Jazz Singer last night but changed it to watch the Daily Show and I didn't get to see the bedazzled ending. I love Neil Diamond, but I love Jon Stewart more.

Weekend with the Warriors
I can't believe this kid got away with this, but I give kudos to his gonzo bravado. I bet they want to kill him.

1 comment:

Cecil said...

If you tear out your hair, will someone make a hammock?