Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Pa!




Happy birthday Pa! I love you very very much and am incredibly proud to have you as my father. Your generosity of spirit and sense of humor is unparalleled. You crack me up daily and sometimes my heart wants to explode because I love you so much. Thank you for being the best father, friend and boss in the world. Thank you loving mom so much and showing my sisters and me how we deserve to be loved. Thank you for doting on your parents and gifting us with the awareness of how important family is. Thank you for bragging about my sisters and me to all of your friends and customers. I love when people tell me how much you talk about us with love, admiration and respect. Thank you for raising us to stand up for what we believe in, even if it doesn't always make us popular with those around us. Thank you for listening. Thank you for being so popular with my friends. Thank you for teaching us how to roll our Rs. Thank you for waking us up with your guitar and singing in the mornings and for the serenades. Your love for mom is one of the greatest gifts you could have given us as daughters. Thanks for how much you love my cat now that you've adopted him. Thanks for making us breakfast every Sunday. Thanks for knowing when to silent and when to speak. Thanks for letting us make out own mistakes and then showing us how to laugh at ourselves. Thank you even for the strange religion you raised us in; despite how weird it was it gifted us with how to remain unattached to the material world. I wouldn't be who I am without you.


Odiame
My brilliant father, Hector Huerta

No comments: