Thursday, November 27, 2008

gratitude

For so much in my life, family, friends, life lesson, I am grateful. This year I am thankful for:

My unique, loving parents, Evelyn & Hector, who love each other dearly, rarely, and beautifully.

Deanna & Teena my sweet, crazy sisters who can always make me laugh and kick my ass now & again when I need it.

The long, great friendship of Heather La Creep, best person I ever met at a death metal show in Mexico all those long, odd, years ago.

Nuvia & Jim Ruland, great friends who have become family.

Bassemah, fierce and beautiful, keeps me on the good edge of my seat.

Sharline & Patricia & Li Yun, insanity embodied but we're so damn good at it.

Beau, who appeared at my doorstep out of nowhere, miraculously.

Dr. Beau, for adjusting not only the bones of my body, for helping me align my thoughts.

Ehud. My genius friend who makes me think more than I let him know.

Kristin VT, sister of my heart, who has one of the greatest laughs on earth and was the best balm early in the year.

Cecil, always good for a drink and sharing existential crises.

Scott Benefiel, it is good to have him back in my life, the strangeness of his mind always amazes and pleases me.

Laura Espinel, deep, wise, brilliant Laura of Havana, the best part of Cuba for me.

Kat, ten years of friendship, sister sister sister.

Icarus, my baby kitty who slept close with his paw on my cheek the first rough months then moved in with my parents and turned them in to cat people.

Muse, you crazy beast, brooding and silent-- then howling like nothing I've ever know. The best mystery. I will let you win.


I've Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
Nina Simone

No comments: