Saturday, November 29, 2008

How to Wash Malaise Away

Yesterday post-feast came my famine, I woke up ill-rested and felt feral. I've had the blues & yesterday morning they were hungry. Bassemah called in the afternoon and suggested we go to a Korean Bath House, or Day Spa. I had no reason to say no so we went.

Why has it taken me this long to discover this slice? Aqua Day Spa is pretty great. I had no idea what to expect but it was just lots of soaking, steaming, scrubbing, rinsing,and a great red clay sauna that may be my new favorite place to hibernate. A room full of woman au natural, no one was self-conscious or awkward. At one side of the room a group of women gave vigorous massages and scrubs. I soaked and steamed and really sweat out a lot of toxicity. It was just was I needed. Submerging myself for long periods of time is some womb-like comfort, the rushing of the jets some heartbeat, I can disappear into myself quickly and emerge somewhat renewed.

After, we went to Buga and pigged out. I love food. I love Korean BBQ.


I love my friends who come around and keep me fascinated till the late hours. I've ended up with some wonderful and creative people in my life and I am truly grateful. I look back at other communities of writers in history and wonder if they knew what they were a part of; I wonder if I am at all in one of those movements or groups without knowing it. It doesn't matter but it is interesting to consider. A number of us certainly have plenty of stories to be fascinating. Last night I was retelling some tales, Cecil & Bass told me I had to put them to paper; weird how I never really consider culling my odd habits for stories. I have to find that voice. I dig that I walk the walk.



Instantánea
Julieta Venegas

song of the week, yo.

No comments: