Saturday, November 15, 2008

We Huertas. . .

. . . are kind of a big deal. . . Here is a link to a bit of an interview with my father about being a business owner.

A couple of years ago I took a novel writing class at UCSD. We all brought excerpts of our novels and shared them for critiques. A couple of novels-in-progress really blew my mind. The instructor from the class, Amy Wallen, lives here in South Park. I was wandering around the world of blogs yesterday ad found out that another writer from the class has her novel coming out this coming Spring. I'm really excited, I remember reading her excerpts in class and wishing I could read the whole book. I can't wait for it to come out! You can pre-order her book here.




Lost Someone
Cat Power

2 comments:

cindy said...

hi lizz! we are supposed to come out summer 2009. i was put on the fast track to publication so chasing deadlines now!

amber matthews (or amber lough now =) just landed an agent, but has not sold yet. she did win an awesome award through scbwi. she's linked on my blog!! and has been in my writer's group (along with five others from our class) since novel 1 ended.

Amber Lough said...

Well lookie what I just found whilst googling myself. Hi, Lizz! (Happy Birthday!)