Monday, November 17, 2008

Yeah yeah yeah

Yesterday I refused to leave my apartment, despite the beautiful 85 degree weather and sky so blue my eyes hurt to look at it. I sat on my balcony early and watched the hummingbirds feed and swore to myself that I would work on my novel.

It hurt. The first hour I free wrote and made myself sick, literally. After committing once again to the novel I went and threw up. I was sweaty and dizzy. I really wanted to go back to bed but I have been sick of my lameness. After sitting at my computer for a couple of hours I finally did it. I wrote. I am really happy. Now to repeat that every day. . .

New distraction: Thoughtcast. Natalie Goldberg! Alan Lightman! I am undone. Not really but I dig. As if there aren't already enough distractions buzzing around.


I'm Losing You
Corinne Bailey Rae

No comments: