Thursday, March 5, 2009

local yumness

Last year I was driving on University in North Park and chanced across a hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese place on Oregon and University, Vo's Vietnamese Cafe. I love Vietnamese food but hate driving all the way to Convoy or dealing with the weird waiter kid at Dao Son. Hello wonderful deliciousness! Hello inexpensive wonder of my palate! I am a happy woman with this place only a few minutes away. South Park is a pretty dang cool place to live but food-wise it can be limiting. I tried to BBQ Chicken last night and may have a new favorite dish. The Vietnamese Chow Mein is fabulosity. Spring rolls=heaven. If you are in San Diego, support this charming local business (support all local businesses) but especially this one. I wish they delivered. Also, they have a vegetarian menu.

I'm performing with several other women with saturday at the Centro Cultural de la Raza for International Women's Day. Thanks to Calaca Press for inviting me to be part of this event.

I kind of want to shake my hips.


Shake Your Hips
The Rolling Stones

No comments: