Thursday, April 16, 2009

because I eat a lot of vegetables

green

let us be giants together,
my chlorophyll king,
come roam the wide open,
let your tunic of leaves
fall where it may, feed me
sweet corn and spinach,
hang tin cans from trees,
be my jolly jolly.

thunder your ho ho ho
into my anemic mouth,
be steamy, smelling of things
pulled fresh out of the earth.
plant me some sprouts, be
a beast, let me carve my name
into your trunk, seed this,
sow it, never wither.

::::::::
For today's prompt, I want you to pick a color, make that the title of your poem, and write a poem that is inspired by that color.
::::::::

Yeah, whatever, I could have picked the Hulk. Or chosen blue and gone all Smurfy. Had me a "pink is the new panther." I'm silly today, giddy with all of that sleep.

No comments: