Thursday, April 30, 2009

the cat will live

Yesterday I had a dramatic morning. My ex-cat (but still cat of my heart Icarus) was sick.  Icky lives with my parents but he used to be mine.  I went over to my parent's house and Icky was lethargic.  He had been weak for days so we took him to the vet.  Poor baby kitty had a fever of 106 and a lung infection.  The vet was shocked at how sick he was and scared for the poor kitty's life.  But, yay for antibiotics, he is going to make it.  I was going to freak out if he died. The weirder thing is that my dad, who hated cats his entire life, was devasted that Icky was sick.  According to my mom he had been up all night with Icky.  My mom got up at 3am to check on the kitty and my dad was sitting in the living room with Icky in his arms, rocking him.  Freaking adorable.  Macho on the outside, total sweetheart on the inside.

Poetry poetry tonight.  Last night I had my first night "off" in ages.  I've been out and about or social for a couple of weeks straight.  I had a nice evening of solitude.  Of course, instead of enjoying it with a glass of wine and a book I spent three hours cleaning like a madwoman.  La Creep and Baby D are coming down tomorrow for the weekend so I must clean the place so Baby D can destroy it.  Kidding, I love that kid.

I need to get out of town.  Not to LA or anywhere close.  Soon.

The last poem of the day may or may not be posted later.  I have been writing them but really liking them.  Today's is be a poem of farewell. We will see.

Sunshowers
Chris Cornell

1 comment:

Scotty Buncake said...

Iccccccckkkkkyyyyy kiiiiiitty! LIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVE!