Sunday, April 12, 2009

the end of chocolate eggs begins today

_so we decided to refer to ourself as the royal we_

tired of them, we have traded I and me and mine
for we and us and ours, you can’t call us selfish

anymore, we who reside here have ridden hard
to remain-- jester, bard, courtesan, we invite you

in, juggle a little, sing, move as though you are
moving towards something holy, swagger some,

bow, say pretty things about our alcoves for we
are often not enough, our stables still half empty,

moats dry. come, we’ll add your names in vanishing
ink to our books, we are seldom long entertained.

::::::::
For today's prompt, I want you to take the phrase "So we decided to (blank)" and fill in the blank. Make that your title and write a poem. Some possibilities include "So we decided to plant a tree" or "So we decided to burn a hole in the sky."
::::::::

Whatever. I'm following the prompt.

I saw the new Nick Cage movie last night, Knowing. I am a secret fan of cheesy elements, scary children, the apocalypse, idiotic main characters who make dumb decisions and alien abductions. But I was way too tense by the end of it then couldn't stop laughing at the ending, which I doubt was the director's intention. Oh well.

Now, if religion was a rock opera with chorus lines and ecstasy, I just might get interested, but probably not.


Simon Zealotes
Jesus Christ Superstar 1973

2 comments:

Pearl said...

ah, you do such beautiful responses to prompts.

Lizz Huerta said...

thanks Pearl!