Tuesday, April 7, 2009

fragile is a condition of sleep

I am an insomniac again. After hours I decided it was just not worth to be stay in bed and pretend that my body had any intention of sleeping. I'm contemplating taking pills again but don't like feeling like I am in a little box underwater watching my life through goggles. I don't know why I wake up with my heart pounding, nothing is going on in my dreams. My life is simple. Almost too simple.

here is my poem of the day:
::::::::

profundidad

after the last incantation the holy
man took me outside and said as
we are mostly water, a day will come
when the the seas in me will stop

rushing, the accumulated years of silt
will settle. until then, he advised, I
should take my tired feet to the sea,
wash them, let them glisten.

:::::::::::::::
Prompt: write a clean poem. Take this however you wish. Clean language, clean subject matter, or cleaning the dishes.



Lucha de Gigantes
Antonio Vega

No comments: