Wednesday, April 29, 2009

generous ars poetica

As much as I've enjoyed it, I'm glad National Poetry Month is almost over and I will no longer have to write my poem a day.  It was a good exercise but I'm beat.  Writing to prompts is fine but like anything else, too much is too much.

Even though I can't find it on the internets, Jeffrey McDaniel is reading tomorrow evening at SDSU at Scripps Cottage at 7pm.  McDaniel is one of my favorite writers so I'm looking forward to seeing him read. Come down if you'd like, say hello and listen to some great work.

My insomnia was a bastard last night.  I've been up for hours.  Its been a few weeks since I had a night like last night.  *sigh* What is it in my circadian rhythm that is tweaked?  Why is the cuckoo in my inner clock such a freak? I crave a full night's sleep the way other addicts crace their addiction.  Eight consecutive hours is a fantasy.


My Baby Just Cares For Me
Nina Simone

The sugar part is at least right.

My poesia will come later, after a nap perhaps and some cardio.

No comments: