Friday, April 10, 2009

never hesitate

a wish, Robert Smith

would it kill you to love me the other six?
while you watch the walls & dress down your eyes,
my shoes and spirit still rise, I spin sleek daily
watching your heart attack, you don't look back.
one blue Monday you lay your hands upon me
then remembered that was someone else’s song

:::::::::::
For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem about Friday. Do you like Fridays? Despise Fridays? Of course, you can also write about something that happened on a Friday--or write an ode to Fridays. Or, as you know, I'm all for seeing you attack this from an angle I haven't thought of yet.
::::::::::::

For the PAD project I'm attempting to go with my first instinct as soon as I see what the prompt it. The only day I failed was Sunday when La Creep vetoed a poem I wrote while I was Miss Cranky Pants and I thank her it. It was not very nice.

If you don't get the poem then listen to the song. It reminds me of dancing in high school with my dear friend Jen. We loved the Cure and swooned over Robert Smith. We would dance wildly to his voice the way only teenage girls can, flinging ourselves around her bedroom, jumping off the bed. Jen died a few years ago this month. All of our secrets went with her. I carry many weights inside when I think of Jen.



Friday I'm in Love
The Cure

and


Blue Monday
New Order

I am SO about to dance around my apartment.

2 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

When I first heard the "Friday" prompt, I immediately thought of The Cure song. I've always loved that song...and I love your poetic take/twist on it.

Cheryl Wray said...

And...so sad to hear about your friend. May your sweet memories stay with you.