Sunday, April 5, 2009

poetry and hangovers do not mix

over

watching the sun rise over
the jungle we sat on the steps
of an old temple in silence not

having really spoken for days
or even months since, well since.
young in my body, newly scraped

from a future I wanted nothing to
do with-- I knew it was over when
the man I had been not loving enough

said to me, love-this place, this old Mayan
ruin would be the perfect place
for a dungeons and dragons campaign.

::::::
today's prompt, I want you to write a poem about a landmark. It can be a famous landmark (like Mount Rushmore or the Sphinx) or a little more subdued (like the town water tower or an interesting sign).
::::::

What a day, after what a night. I may have a new favorite Bloody Mary at Alchemy here in South park. The weekend was a success and thus exhausting. I've had many naps. Wanting oxytocin but I doubt it is in my future. Maybe sunshine will be enough.



My Mistake Baby Boy
Sarah Blackwood

No comments: