Wednesday, April 22, 2009

spelunking




A couple of pictures that survived from the spelunking trip this weekend at the Arroyo Trapiado Mud Caves in the Anza-Borrego Desert.  It was really really really fun.  If you go, make sure the batteries in your headlamp are fresh or you will be like I was, stumbling around. We only explored a few caves because we ended up drinking more water than we expected and followed the desert rule and turned around when our water was half gone.  Next time I'm taking a brighter headlamp, a marsupial pack of water and knee pads. 


Spelunking
Laura Viers

2 comments:

Scotty Buncake said...

Ooooo. Cool. I went into my walk-in closet on Sunday. It was dark, damp, and I think I saw an ocelot at one point. About halfway through I got scared and came back out.

I too am a warrior.

Lizz Huerta said...

Ha! Andy yelped when he saw a bat flying overhead but it didn't compare to my shriek of horror when I found the scorpion under the tent! It wasn't sining "Still Loving You" so it was not the type of scorpion I could get in to, you know? Come get some drinks Bunnycake, I miss your weird comments.