Sunday, May 24, 2009

summer, begin.

Last night I saw Sweet and Tender Hooligans, a Smiths and Morrissey cover band play.  The lead singer is called the Mexican Morrissey.  I was pretty damn impressed.  The guy had Moz down pat; the body language, the sway, pompadour and vocalizations were eerily authentic.  I danced my bootie off.  I've been a fan of the Smiths longer than I know.  My aunt listened to them when I was a kid and I loved them then. Growing up in Chula Vista, everyone loved The Smiths. There is an interesting Chuck Klosterman article about the Mexican obsession with The Smiths and Morrissey.  

I broke in my new bicycle yesterday with an 18 mile ride with my sister and Cecil.  We started in Hillcrest with the intention of riding to Balboa Park and hanging out but decided to go the Farmer's Market in Little Italy, then we decided to ride down to the bay and after that is was a flash decision to ride to Point Loma Seafood for lunch and beer.  The ride was not bad at all except the crazy hill at the end.  I had to walk my bike up but other than that, I rocked it.

Pretty good way to start the summer. 

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Morrissey

No comments: