Thursday, July 23, 2009

I behave

Today I put together my manuscript for Poets & Writers California Writer Exchange Award. I ended up submitting some poems I wrote during National Poetry Month. I spent most of the day revising and rewriting the poems I submitted. I know its a long shot but at least I'm putting things in the mail.  I'm also getting some work together for some other magazines.  I have such a backlog of poems that I really have to have more out in the mail.

Tuesday B and I went to Free Museum Tuesday at Balboa Park.  We went to the Museum of Man (waaay too many kids, I wanted to bathe in anti-bacterial gel afterward) and the Museum of Art to check out the Richard Avedon: Portraits of Power exhibit.  Pretty brilliant exhibit.  I wanted to wander around the Museum more but it was closing.  The best part of the day was meeting a man who works at the park and having a lively conversation with him about the history of the park.  He told us some ghost stories, random but interesting facts and showed us a chapel that is somewhat hidden.  

I have a reading this Saturday night at St. Paul's Cathedral.  I look forward to it.  I haven't read in a while.  Since I'l be reading at a church I'm going through the picking out all of the poems I have with Biblical allusions.  Sad face about the reading is that I'll miss the True Blood panel at the Comic-Con.  True nerd.


Completo Incompleto
Jarabe de Palo

No comments: