Monday, August 17, 2009

the first pancake

Thinking this morning of my mom and her first pancake metaphor.  She says that having children is like making pancakes.  When you make pancakes the first one always turns out a little odd, either because the pan isn't hot enough or is too hot, there is too much butter, etc.  I always think of this when making pancakes.  She says I am her first pancake, the odd one.  Thanks, Mom.  I, writing this as B makes fresh fruit waffles with the gluten-free waffle mix I found at Trader Joe's. I heart having B as my bestie, he really and truly enhances my life.

My friend KVT visited from Kansas that last few days and we had a really good time.  We saw live music every night, did lots of shopping for things that are impossible to find in Kansas and had a good time in general.  

Reading more than writing this week but I have more time on my hands this week so I plan on knocking some chapters out.  Only way to get to the other side is to go through it.  F the blues, they are part of the writing/living process.

No comments: