Tuesday, August 11, 2009

moving along


Yesterday I finished The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Vol. 1: The Pox Party, by M.T. Anderson. Pretty effen amazing writing.  It takes place during the American Revolution.  I'm too tired this morning to get into the many details of why I recommend it but the short list is that the story is disturbingly fascinating and the writing is so gorgeous it made my heart hurt.

I got Ray LaMontagne tickets for November!  So did Beau.  We ended up with six tickets.  We have ticket for 2 shows, the first show our tickets are fine and the second night, well, the happy dance I did when I saw where we were sitting is one of the happiest happy dances I've ever danced. I'm so happy that I finally get to see him live. 

A good friend is coming out in a couple of days from Kansas.  I very much look forward to seeing her, its been a year and half since we have spent any time together.

The writing: meh.  After writing that disturbing scene last week I've been avoiding writing at all.  I think I'm a little bit frightened of what will come out.  I'm being a total lame-ass about it, I know.  I have to dive in, get into the ugly stuff, let it get all over me and then deal with it. Soon enough.   


Peaceable Kingdom
Patti Smith

No comments: