Sunday, September 27, 2009

floating, in sleep, in joy

I just got home.  What. A. Weekend.  First of all SO MUCH LOVE to everyone who came out to the shows Friday ad Saturday night.  I can't believe how beautiful it was, I am in awe.  Thank you fellow performers, thank you director, Virginia Grise, thank you producer Reina Prado.  Thank you Highways.  OKay, now I feel like an acceptance speech but THANK YOU phenomenal audience.  The love coming at us was mind-blowing.  I am delirious with joy.  Last night the performance was brilliant. I felt completely at peace in my body and work.

Today after the best best  night of sleep (and I was exhausted), I met with S. Erin Batiste and Elena Velasquez, my So Cal writing group.  We workshopped for a few hours at S. Erin's cottage and got a lot of work done.  I left energized and excited to re-write.

Then, I went straight to see La Bruja perform at the Centro Cultural de la Raza.  I am disappointed that San Diego turned out so few people to see her. But the audience that was there had a blast. Her performance was one of the best I've seen in years.  She was really funny, heartbreaking and inspiring.  I wish she was performing another night so I could tell everyone I know to go see her.  I'll never be able to head Rihanna's "Umbrella" again without transposing La Bruja's hilarious lyrics over it. 

*sigh*  What a life.  It doesn't end.  I have a ton of work to do this week too and haven't even thought about it.  More poetry.  More applications.   But tonight, a hot bath, a glass of wine and well-deserved, and needed solitude.


Que Te Besen
Aterciopelados


No comments: