Friday, September 18, 2009

just a thriller, thriller night

On four hours of sleep this morning after a fascinating, if slightly disturbing but eventually lovely evening.  It must have been the new moon. Sheeesh.  The second best part of the night was B finding an earring I love than has been missing since my birthday.  Can't wait to rock the super cuteness. 

I've been awake since 5am, I attempted to watch the sunrise but the marine layer got in the way.  I was awake to hear the birds waking up.  There is always one bird who is up before the rest of them and sings a wake-up call.  I love hearing how the rest of the birds get with it and start singing too.  Imagine how much nicer the world would be if humans woke up singing. Well, some humans.  I think some of my favorite memories from childhood are of my father coming into the room where my sister and I slept and singing us awake with his guitar.  I also loved watching him through the window at night after he had a bad day at work.  He would takenhis guitar to the backyard, sit alone under the orange trees he planted when I was born, and sing softly to himself.

I'm pretty damn excited for proClitvities next week. I'll be in L.A. all week getting ready for it. I haven't completely figured out where I'm staying but am sure I'll work it out. Part time with La Creep (helloooo Verdugo!) and part-time with my aunt on the beach. It will be nice to get away. Got to get someone to water the plants.

I had a long conversation yesterday with an old mentor of mine, Steve Kowit. I've known Steve now for about 11 or 12 years and love him dearly.  He always has great advice and throws in a little bit of ass-kicking.  We talked writing for a long time and then life a bit.  I always am energized after speaking with Steve.  He flips a switch inside of me and has always been encouraging.  

Also, I added my Twitter feed to the blog at the right.

I am SO shaking my hips to this, quietly.

I Want You To
Weezer




1 comment:

Elena said...

I am so glad your earring is no longer an orphan! The new moon has worked in your favor. After catching up on your blogs, I am very sad that I missed the recent reading at the Whistle Stop. Ah well, there will be other times!