Monday, September 21, 2009

red cage


Hello insomnia!  Goodbye appetite!  What gives?

Yesterday I went to the Body World exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. Now every time I look in the mirror I imagine a red cage of blood vessels just below the surface of my skin. (And yes Cecil, I noticed what you noticed, we are third graders on the inside.)  The transparent fetuses in jars were pretty damn incredible.  I took notes as I always do in museums. I never realized how testicles beneath the skin have long stems and look like inverted tulips hanging from a man's abdomen.  I guess anything can be beautiful if you look at it the right way.

On my way to LA this morning for proClitvities rehearsals.  A part of me wants to come home every night but I know that is a lot of driving.  But, I have audiobooks and am into Allison Gopnik's The Philosophical Baby. Can I handle six hours in a car daily?  Maybe. Can my back handle it? Probably not.

Oh Damien, I give my gun away when its loaded too. . .


9 Crimes
Damien Rice

No comments: