Tuesday, September 29, 2009

we are bound by symmetry

I didn't drink coffee all day yesterday, I don't think I'll try that again. I was so cranky I could hardly stand myself.  Until I took a 2 hour nap.

Only two days left until my week is less crazy, I can't wait. I have a full plate and am not hungry at all for any of it.

I wonder if my life will rattle when my outside obligations are fulfilled.  I've been busier than I have been in a very long time. A part of me enjoys the frenzy, another part of me misses staring at the popcorn ceiling above my sofa. I also miss evening drinks at the Whistle Stop or Hamiltons with the friends I've been neglecting.  Andy, Sh'Beck, drinks forthcoming!

After the obligations, I still have much to do.  Rewriting some danged poems, getting my novel ready for the critique group, putting things in the mail.  The Book Fair is this weekend.  I have a pile of books I'm dying to read.  I have some new things in my head that are begging to be written. But first I'll require many hours of nothing, of baths, of B making me waffles & tea, of dancing around the apartment with the windows open.

Also, BEST drunk dial ever last night from my ex-boyfriend's best friend, calling, mumbling about missing me & something about brown babies. I could hear the x laughing in the background.  Happy I am to inspire late night, whiskey fueled calls.  I almost wish I could have kept the x for his friends, almost.


No comments: