Wednesday, October 7, 2009

waking wide

I woke up before the alarm this morning, excited.  The day feels full of wonderful things already. I had a night full of intense dreams, revisiting a place I love to visit.  I fell asleep with a belly full of incredible food cooked with lerve by B. I am re-reading one of my favorite trilogies and am on the book that will make me cry.  I'm also going through the poetry manuscript of a friend and coming to that process with joy as well. 

I wish I could take a picture of the morning light in my neighborhood but I doubt any film would do it justice.  This time of year, at the shoulder, the light softens and bends its way around everything it touches, especially at dawn and dusk. Even the birds are subdued, they sing but without the fervor of summer or spring.

Listening to lots of Tammi Terrel & Marvin Gaye these days.  What a duo!  What voices. They say after she died he wouldn't sing for two years. 


If This World Were Mine
Tammi Terrel & Marvin Gaye

No comments: