Saturday, February 20, 2010

calming


First all, I have the best bestie in the world. B takes better care of me than any non-family member ever has. I over-indulged last night at the Whistlestop with Andy and was pretty ill this morning. B came over with gatorade, made me toast, tea and totally took care of me. He is a winner. This is why I'm single, I sometimes doubt I could find a partner who would pamper me the way B does. I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin'.

Last week I ordered a hiking belt (pictured above) off of etsy and it came in the mail today. I LOVE IT! I needed something for riding my bike, and I wanted it to be cute. The belt is perfect. Check out Stichaline, the vendor. That picture is not of my booty, obviously. My ass is so flat is practically reflects light. I can't wait to wear it.

Things are still shaky in my head over the family business situation but I'm trying to keep the big picture in mind. Yes, it would be a tragedy but my family is strong, has a great sense of humor and we will be fine. Positivity, Lizz, positivity.

Happiest of birthday to Kenji Liu, poet extraordinaire. Kenji and I met years ago at VONA. I love his poetry. Here is a link to one of his poems. Happy birthday Kenji!

Ever since I mentioned it in a post earlier in the week I've had Perfect Day stuck in my head. I know I've posted it before but it is a damn good song.




No comments: