Thursday, April 15, 2010

in the gnashing teeth of sleepy

The last few days have me exhausted. I don't know why. All I want to do is sleep. I'm been eating poorly and that may have something to do with it. My headache comes and goes but is usually lurking right above the crown of my head, ready to drop.

I caught up on my poems finally. I kind of like the poem I wrote yesterday, "almost an island." I love that poems can be anything, I took an experience I had in Key West and completely lied about it in the poem, but it is such a great lie that I almost wish it was true. Oh imaginings, how I love you. I love creating and manipulating stories in my poems. If half the things I wrote about actually happened to me I would probably be crazy. Or, if I told the truth (as Cecil has told me to), well, I'm just not going to think about that. . . Ay.

Mexico in a week. I look forward to the heat, to the sunrise over the mango fields. To the scent of wood smoke.

This song reminds me of my winter in Switzerland.

No comments: