Monday, April 5, 2010

the words keep coming

Home a few days now and settling back into myself, though with newness, a new appreciation of things. I feel more centered. I remember when I was in Mexico 03-04 when I came home everyone told me I had finally grown up. I think I have more of that now, even a week, it has changed me.

Drove to Orange County with C today and had great conversations about writing and how I need to write more dangerously. I have a dangerous mind, my friends, and a lot of the things I could write about aren't pretty but I think I should start trying.

I've been writing a poem-a-day for National Poetry Month and happy to be back into the swing of things. I've been reading lot of poetry as well to get into the frame of mind. This weekend I found this poem by Jerry Brunoe and I've read it several times over, there is something in the music that gets to my heart. I'm not posting any of my PAD poems this year because if publishing questions but if you want to see one or two, email me and maybe I'll send a couple. I'm following the prompts from Poetic Asides. I'm part of a private facebook group of poets writing poems and posting them daily. I love ready the work, everyone has such a different voice. Many of my poems are colored by my Mexico trip, understandably.

No comments: