Thursday, May 27, 2010

windows

I slept with 2 windows open last night. I hope this is something I can do often. I want Spring. I want to put away long pants until September.

Last night before sleep I was sitting on my balcony and the first line of a poem came to me. I took my computer to bed and had a first draft in ten minutes. I said what I wanted to say. I haven't looked at it this morning, nor will I for a few days but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be happy with it.

In my dreams last night I was at the bottom of a deep swimming pool. I would shoot up for air, see all the people gathered around the edge and let myself sink back to the bottom. It was quiet. Looking up towards the surface the light was a silver and danced something like mercury. I could breathe underwater. I enjoyed the weight of the water against my skin.

I'm reading tonight at the Whistlestop for So Say We All's V.A.M.P.

No comments: