Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Contemplating

I want another poetry tattoo. Of course I think of Rilke because when I think of something I want on my body forever, I want Rilke. I know the line too but don't know where I'd put it. Somewhere I could see it. I remember years ago I was in a mood and seriously contemplating a fig leaf tattoo. What is represented was beautiful but it changed and I'm glad I don't have the ink in me to remind me of failure.

Yesterday J and I went to the Goodwill and I bought 11 books. Some are books I'll hide so no one knows how sometimes I require really crappy books to entertain me. But I also picked up some good things, another copy of Love in the Time of Cholera (I've had a Fermina Daza poem fermenting in me for years, I can't wait until it comes out), a ZZ Packer book I've been wanting, and on a whim I picked up Harper's Anthology of 20th Century Native American Poetry. The anthology is mind-blowing. I sat up last night in bed, awake beyond when my body began begging for sleep, losing myself in the language. I was drunk on it.

My dreams were beautiful last night.

I've had an interesting couple of days. Highs and lows but mainly I'm good. My body is extraordinarily tired today because yesterday and the night before I was tense. I let go of the tension last night but the muscles in my back and neck are sore. I may go walk on the beach this afternoon. Take some silence.



No comments: