Friday, June 18, 2010

in love

I am in love with Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian. I'm sleepy this morning because I couldn't stop reading last night. I'm so happy vampires can still be written about in a fresh way. I've heard a ton about this book but never picked it up. Glad I picked it up. I really shouldn't have indulged in most of a bottle of red wine last night, but vampires, blood and wine seem to go really well together.

Resquiat in Pacem Jose Saramago, I've loved your work for so long.

In my dreams last night I wanted to take a bath. I went to the bathtub and turned on the water, not realizing there was already water in the tub. When I got in the water overflowed and I realized I was in dirty water. I tried to drain some of it to add fresh water but realized I needed to get out, drain the water and clean the tub before I could soak in satisfaction. Really brain? Parables while I sleep? Come on.

2 comments:

Estolano in San Diego said...

I also liked the Historian, but I gave a copy to my father who said it helped him sleep.. Anyway, you might want to check out "the Passage" by Cronin. On sale at audible- 10 bucks for 40 hours.

Lizz Huerta said...

I have an audible account, I'll check it out!