Monday, June 14, 2010

long

My weekend was long and full, I am exhausted.

I've had good news in my writing. I had two poems accepted for publication. I got into Squaw Valley, with a scholarship. Yesterday out of nowhere I got an email from someone who was in a novel writing class with me four years ago. He wrote he was sitting on a train in Latvia and was thinking about my novel and how he hoped I had finished it because he wanted to read it. So, good things in my writing life. Still chopping away at this poem I started. It isn't very long, maybe 12 lines but I'm trying to hone it, make it what I want it to be. I'm being horrible about working on the short stories but, they take time and I haven't really had a lot of time.

Happy 35th wedding anniversary to my loving parents. I love you guys and how much you love each other and make each other laugh. I'm posting as my song today the first song you danced to at your wedding.



No comments: