Friday, December 3, 2010

body

This week has been rough. Nothing has really gone as planned and I've been feeling the tension in my body. I've actually been feeling the tension in my body for months. Last night I went with my sister to the Casbah to see Nortec Collective. I met up with my friend Gerardo, aka Acamonchi and we ended up dancing the entire long Nortec set. I don't remember the last time I danced so un-selfconsciously. I completely let go, was sweaty, hair flying everywhere and the release I felt was so, so needed. I don't spend enough time in my body, if that makes any sense. I'm a pretty cerebral person. I'm always thinking or writing or reading. I feed my body, clothe it, wash it. but I never let it let loose and move. More movement is in my future, it has to be. I'm exhausted today but feel as if a weight has been released.

No comments: