Monday, January 24, 2011

hours of dreaming

This is the first morning I've woken up in nearly a week without being in pain. I had some sort of horrendous viral infection that took me down. I slept most of the weekend away. I didn't leave the apartment. Saturday I spent a total of maybe 4 hours out of bed. Yesterday about 6. My dreams were crazy and surreal but I enjoyed them. (I think Love was sick of hearing about what I was halluci-dreaming about.) My entire body has been aching for days, every joint, the muscles in my face, even my eye sockets. My lungs hurt. This morning I woke up after a particularly strange dream about playing Spongebob Squarepants on Broadway to find that the illness has vacated my body; I'm weak but content. I'm a little sad face that my entire weekend was spent sleeping but so it goes. I have 3 days of New York Times to catch up on since my eyes hurt so bad all weekend I couldn't even read. The worst dream I had all weekend was that the Jacobins caught me during the Terror and buried me alive in the Catacombs.

No comments: