Tuesday, April 5, 2011

writing, yo

Not blogging so much because all of my intellectual energy is going into the poem a day challenge for April. I LOVE writing a poem a day. This year my work has moved away from my usual voice and I'm taking a few more risks, and the usual risks I take.

Working on other challenges as well. I'm on day 4 of not smoking. Not easy but I'm putting my all into it. I bought a pair of running shoes yesterday and went for a run. My lungs hurt after, more incentive to quit. But I had that great post-workout tiredness and endorphins. And I almost slept through the night. I only woke up once to get a glass of water.

I love this song.

2 comments:

J. D. Mackenzie said...

Lizz -
really liked your Minnow Contemplates... Major points for originality and you've said so such in a brief poem. Nicely done and leaving us wanting more.

Lizz Huerta said...

Thank you!