Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"I fell in love with the burden holding me down."--Wilco

I am head over heels for the Wilco song I'm posting at the end of the blog today. I've listened to it on repeat way too many times.

Reading tomorrow night. Working on the final edits for my piece. I'm struggling because I'm writing about something I've wanted to write about for a long time. It is dark but funny. But I don't want the humor to detract from the darkness, and I don't want to dwell on the darkness and forget to laugh. Honor thy shadow or whatever the fuck they say, whoever "they" are. I sent it to a friend yesterday who gave me some good feedback. I'm lucky to have good writer friends who aren't afraid to criticize.

I have an idea for another project, a short short film. I'm going to pitch it to a good friend and see what he thinks. We have a similar sense of humor and I think it could be hilarious. And it would provide a service to a certain segment of the population.



2 comments:

Bernard said...

visit to my site http://fo-rextra.blogspot.com/

Bernard said...

visit to my site http://fo-rextra.blogspot.com/