Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

Today is the last day of the year.

My highlights:

Getting healthy. This last year I made a commitment to my health that has changed everything. I exercise regularly which has changed everything. My body is strong and healthy. I've gotten over insomnia for the most part and am happy with how I feel physically.

Meditating. Going into silence in the morning has centered me.

Starting and finishing the first draft of a novel that I've wanted to write has been a great accomplishment.

Work. I love what I do for a living and I've become more dedicated to it and have really built a name for myself and the unique skill set I have.

My favorite moments of the year:

My sister Deanna's engagement to a wonderful man who makes her happy. I am overjoyed for her joy. I love the man she is going to marry, he has a great family, he and his family fit right in to ours.

A night last Winter when Love and I were still together. We went out to a bar with a friend of his and on the way home we were singing loudly in the car to Stevie Wonder. It was silly and beautiful and one of the best moments of our relationship. Despite how things ended I am happy I was able to share brilliant little moments like that with someone I loved deeply.

The first wave I ever surfed. Feeling the ocean beneath me as I rode in was exhilarating beyond belief.

There were hard parts of the year, lots of grief but you can't have the good without the bad.

I look forward to 2012. I have no idea what it will bring but I look forward to looking back.

No comments: