Monday, December 19, 2011

at hardest angle

Oh Winter solstice! Hurry up and come! The darker days get me in the doldrums but I'm managing it rather well with exercise and meditation with year. Still, malaise has been showing up and dumping on my head. 'Tis the season.

This week will be very interesting, no doubt. My cousin gets married on Friday so the entire family is in town. The last time we were all together was in May 2010 when my grandfather died. My favorite cousins are all in town. And my good friend Andy is in town, sleeping in my guest room as I write this. I will have no home solitude until for at least a week. Kind of chaotic but I don't mind. I love my family. I love my friends.

I've decided to start the New Year off clean. No drinking for one month and I also will have a vegan month. And lots of working out. We will see. I haven't taken a break from drinking since early 2008. I sound like a have a problem but really I'm a weekend drinker. But I want to give my body a break. Just to see what happens.

Big plans coming up. I'm pretty damn happy with all that's going on with my writing and my creative life. I am surrounded these days by invigorating people.

No comments: