Tuesday, April 24, 2012

as a bee

I'm the featured poet on Thursday night at Space Bar in La Mesa at 7pm. Come on down.

Last week was a week of 12+ hour work days. I was working for my favorite interior designer; she is a visionary but also very demanding. I love working for her because I'm always challenged but also well rewarded for my work.

I spent this last weekend in LA with La Creep and had a great time. La Creep and I laughed harder than we have in a very long time. We went to the Homeboy Industries Gala on Saturday night. What a beautiful, beautiful event. I was inspired. It made me want to volunteer even more with those who have  hard time finding their voice.

Writing, not so much. I've been so busy that all I want to do at the end of the day is sleep or read. I read three great YA books this last weekend. I think when I'm finished with the fantasy book I'll try my hand at a contemporary YA novel, possibly, probably paranormal. I LOVED the two books in the Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand, despite cheesy as all fuck covers and crappy description. Well-written, nuanced, phenomenal characters. Happy making. Her gun over the mantle is wonderful, a dark character I can't help having hope for.

I have such a busy few months ahead of me but they are going to be punctuated by some joy that I can't even begin to describe.

No comments: