Thursday, May 3, 2012

this whole adult thing

This whole adult thing is overrated. My life is crazy busy and I live a relatively simple life, no partner, no kids, to debt. I don't know how anyone with real responsibilities handles the insanity. I suppose I'm not busy to a point where it bothers me but some down time would be nice. Rant over.

I spent the entire day yesterday in LA with my sister, shopping for her wedding We shopped for 8 hours. I know that is my record, usually I'm a monster when it comes to shopping. I put up with it like a champ because my sister is awesome and I've witnessed a couple of pre-wedding meltdowns and have had to calm her down. I love both my sisters but D and I have always been especially close since we are only a few years apart. I'm excited for her wedding and love how happy she is. I also know that when she stresses out I'm one of the only people on the planet who can keep her calm. But our shopping day was nice. We laughed a lot, talked a lot, spent a stupid amount of money. On the way home in traffic we went over seating arrangements for the tables and I made sure I'll be sitting at the "fun" table.

Today I head up for San Francisco for her bachelorette weekend. Wine tasting in Napa with 11 other women. Girl time. Girl talk. I really like my sister's friends so I'm sure we'll have a blast. I'm going to spend my day tomorrow with one of my favorite people on the planet, Sharline and can't wait. I have great friends but they're all so spread out. Adulthood, bah.

I feel non-stop and my next six weeks aren't any better. I haven't really had any time to write and I have to ready my piece for the writing workshop I'm heading up to in a month. I am over-the-moon excited for it.

No comments: