Monday, July 9, 2012

weaving

A couple of nights ago I dreamt I was waiting for a man I love in the desert, there was an arroyo. I began weaving a bridge made of my own hair. I kept cutting my hair to braid it into cables to span the divide and my hair kept growing. It was one of the most beautiful dreams I've ever had.

I'm an in love with the Rumi poem, The Sunrise Ruby. Submit to a daily practice. Yes and more yes.

I haven't blogged in a while. My computer died. I've been busy contemplating, growing, taking care of details. Summer is also my busy season for work, I've been putting in 12 hour days and sometimes working six days a week. I have to hustle this time of year because after the feast there is often famine.

While cleaning out a desk drawer I found a journal from January and February of this year. Every morning I wrote down my dreams then just journaled. Pretty impressive to see what I wrote, what I was dreaming. I was definitely struggling.  No more, no more.

In joyous news, I have writing in a new anthology, Ban This!; The BSP Anthology of Xican@ Literature. Some pretty great writers in the collection, I'm proud to have my work published with theirs.

A few things coming up, I'll be teaching a one night workshop on "why we write." I'll post more details as soon as I have them. And I have a next month reading in. . . . CANADA!!! More details on that soon as well.

I spent the afternoon with my grandmother yesterday I am crazy blessed to have been born into this beautiful, strange family. My grandmother has 16 grandchildren but she somehow manages to connect with all of us in our own unique way. She and I have some interesting things in common that are sometimes a little scary. We also consider each other crazy but love each other dearly. I'm grateful for her long life and how much I can learn from her.

No comments: