Wednesday, January 2, 2013

begin again

I've taken a break from blogging the last few months. Three family deaths is three months, a lot of death, mourning, time with family. On top of that I was super busy with work, I worked six days a week for months. I didn't have a Saturday off until the weekend before Christmas. I was exhausted. I was in survival, work, sleep, eat, console. It was good. I kept my head on, I didn't lose focus. I knew it wasn't going to last forever.

2012 was my best year in years. It started off strangely but transformed. I took month to detox from food and alcohol. I started my consistent meditation practice. I let go of a lot. I messed up some things then realized that messing up is not always the worst thing. I took a shot at a second chance, something I had always wondered "What if?" over and had that pesky question answered. Whew. I drove long distances. I fell head over heels in love, deep love, crazy love, transformational love. I wrote some poems. I wrote the second, scarier half of my novel. I laughed until I cried. I watched the sun rise. I outgrew things/people that were a weight in my life. I spent more time with family and have become closer to my extended family. I met incredible new friends, people who are wise, gracious, intelligent and good. Intuition a beast I'm learning to ride better. I'm happy.

I read many books last year. Mostly YA. My favorites were:

The Fault in Our Stars
The Miseducation of Cameron Post
Shadow of Night
Cinder
Unearthly
Hallowed
Daughter of Smoke and Bone
The Descendants
Song of Achilles
State of Wonder

This next year my intentions are to deepen my commitment to my creative spirit; spend more time with family, especially documenting family stories with elders; practice compassion daily; continue to grow with my loved ones; begin to prepare my body/life for motherhood (I'm not knocked up, don't trip); and to love.

I am so incredibly grateful for everything in my life. Onward.



No comments: