Wednesday, February 6, 2013

so much, so much, enough

Life has been good. I've been busy, and happy, with enough time for rest and contemplation.  January is usually a slow month for me, in work, in living but things picked up this year. I still have had time to contemplate, reset, plan.

Good news abounds in all areas of my life. I've been invited to be on a panel at the Tucson Festival of Books. I'll be on the panel for the anthology I was published in last year, Ban This! Anthology of Xican@ Literature.  I will be on the panel with Luis Urrea, one of my favorite writers, and SJ Rivera, publisher of the anthology. Gustavo Arellano will moderate.

In May I will be one of two featured writers at Lunada, full moon literary lounge in San Francisco at Galeria de la Raza.

The novel writing is interesting. The second book in the trilogy is heavy (in a good way) in my mind. And I love it. The characters are in me, the plot is in me, the world is alive. Funnily, this second book may be the first book and the book I have completed may be the second book.

And, there are other wonderful happenings. Nothing I can talk about yet but holy wow.

Work is blowing up. I am so incredibly to have a job I really love. I am so grateful to work in a non-traditional field. There have been times that I questioned my choices, but I decided to stick with it. There were hards years, there were times I was down on myself for not going into a more traditional field. But damn, I'm happy.

1 comment:

Fantasia Lambert said...

well congrats to you Lizz. You have really come a long way and deserve to have the job of your dreams....congrtas again