Sunday, March 3, 2013

tipping, dreaming

I love this time of year. Birds are singing out to each other. The mockingbird comes back. Hummingbirds start showing up on my balcony because the jasmine is blooming. These are the last couple of weeks of winter, the tipping accelerates and everything is starting to unfurl. Dawn come earlier, the sky is a sharper blue, everything is thick with light, glorious. I love spring.

Last night in my dreams I was in the setting my books takes place in. I was wandering around from building to building, checking out the landscape, interacting with the creatures that inhabit the world I'm writing. I happened upon a place that I didn't even know existed in my book, but now that I think of it, it makes perfect sense and adds another layer.

I had a wonderful birthday weekend, surrounded by friends and family. As always, I am awed at how incredibly blessed I was to be born into my incredibly family. Friday night I had a karaoke party with 20 friends and family members. Sunday we had a family bbq. H was in town, I love him.

I had a random, or not so random experience that made my actual birthday one of my best. Years ago I read a book by an author and thought to myself "I'm going to meet her, I know it." On my birthday I had to meet with a new client early in the morning. I was a little cranky, H was leaving that afternoon and I wanted to spend the whole morning alone with him. I drove to the client's house and it was the author I told myself I was going to meet. We had a great conversation, she gave me a signed copy of one of her books. The whole experience made my day.

Working on this book is a slower process than the other one. This one sets everything up, creates the world, puts the events into motion. There are moments I freak out a little. But I love it so I keep going. I remind myself that this is what I'm meant to do. Everything in my life has been leading up to this, creating space for this, preparing my mind for this. I got it. Go.





No comments: